Website The Arc of the East Bay
For people with intellectual and developmental disabilities
JOB TITLE: Direct Support Coordinator, LEAP Programs
CLASSIFICATION: Bargaining Unit Grade 12
RESPONSIBLE TO: Program Director and President/CEO
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
– Applicant will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or the equivalent of 3-5 year’s working with individual who have intellectual and/or developmental disabilities. Working with clients in the community preferred.
– Applicant must have a valid California Driver’s License, proof of insurance and good driving record and to insured through The Arc of Alameda County’s insurance center.
– Applicant will be current in CPR/First Aid, and will complete all required training within specific time limits.
– Applicant must pass criminal record/registry background checks.
– Assist in the implementation of the individual planned program goals for each participant.
– Assist all participants in being actively involved in their daily activities to achieve greater independence in the community using person-centered/directed planning and self-determination.
– Maintain and document/submit records of participants, with running records, incidents, online Therap, and other documents as required.
– Supervise participants from time of arrival to end of program day. Oversee arrivals and departures.
– Notify Program Director/Designee of any concerns/issues regarding participants, maintenance and repairs of the company vehicle, or other areas of concern.
– Participate in all scheduled meetings as assigned and complete all training listed within their specific time periods.
– Perform other duties related to the field or service as may be assigned by the Program Director, or President/CEO
To apply for this job please visit arcalameda.org.